The villa with breathtaking view is located on the lake shore in the historical center of Brienno, a small village 17km north of Como.
Industrial Chic Aesthetic
La Filanda is a former silk spinning mill dating back to XVII century beautifully and thoughtfully refurbished and converted into a modern, and welcoming place to stay.
The history and the memory of the silk manufacturing are part of the villa’s present: some of its industrial heritage are today still there, blending old and new. Red bricks tiles and the ancient chimney stalk remind us of its past, while the stylish art-filled creative interiors encourage guests to unwind and feel perfectly at home.
In former times the waterfront location was a necessity, as the precious silk was loaded on large, sailing boats and led to Como's port, today thanks to its setting the villa offers spectacular views and private lake access.
The peculiar design of La Filanda is based on stone walls, vaulted ceilings and a succession of windows affording impressive view of the lake.
The villa exhibits original contemporary artworks.
La Filanda sleeps 8+2 people in 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms
Large Groups can be accommodated in the free-standing building located behind the main villa: the Pier. It can accommodate up to 36 people in 9 units, each with separated access. The property is the perfect location for special events, conferences or team building featuring a large open space with beautiful lake view.
Please note: the two buildings are free- standings and the units do not affect the privacy of the villa.
The large open space located over the villa is available on request only for our guests but cannot be rented separately for events. It has its own access from the pedestrian road behind, and sometimes it is used for practicing yoga.
On the road level there are 2 covered parking’s for 2 cars (the spaces are not suitable for Vans).
The villa sits on the lake shore (2 levels under the road) and can be accessed by stairs or elevator.
The villa (400 sq. mt) features 4 AC bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, garden (200 sq. mt) with outdoor furnishing, new swimming pool (6,75x3,45 mt, depth 1,40mt) directly facing the lake, lake access, porch (100 sq. mt) Wi-Fi connection, TV sat, elevator, welcome aperitivo upon arrival.
Please note: the villa is built on different levels/layers, there are many steps all ove the property
- Entrance to the villa walking down from the main road to the lake level, via the covered front porch leading to the garden; from the porch 4 steps lead to the villa floor entering from the kitchen or from to the living rooms
- Garden with outdoor furnishing and imposing iron sculpture
- new swimming pool (6,75x3,45 mt, depth 1,40mt) directly facing the lake
- Spacious living room with French doors opening towards the garden and decorative fireplace
- Second living room with 2 sofas and design steel stair leading to the upper relaxing open loft with TV
- Fully equipped kitchen opening towards the porch (induction hob, Nespresso, American Coffee, toaster, kettle, microwave)
- Half bathroom (near laundry room)
- Laundry room (with washing machine and dishwasher), wine cellar and food storage
Please note: from the main road level (where the car park is) it's possible to reach the Upper Floor of the villa with the elevator (please note: there’s no way to reach the Ground Floor of the villa directly with the elevator)
Few (6) steps down to the Dining Room
- Dining room with large table for 16 people
Few (9) steps up to Upper floor
3 bedrooms (beds can be fitted as doubles or twins) and 3 bathrooms, at the same level:
- Master Bedroom with spacious dressing area and en-suite bathroom (5 steps up) with wooden tub and a sofa-bed
- Comfort Double Bedroom with en-suite bathroom, no lake view
- Superior Double Bedroom with dedicated bathroom and lake view
The 4th bedroom (Vertical Suite) is and independent unit with en-suite bathroom at the lower floor; a stair leads to the upper level where beds are (doubles or twins); no lake view
The Pier: the 9 cozy units with stunning lake view, range from studios to 1 or 2 bedroom units with a varying range of bed combinations to suit different accommodation needs. they can sleep up to 36 people. Tastefully renovated by an architect of great prestige, all the apartments come with an outdoor private area, be it a balcony, terrace, garden or small inside solarium. Fully equipped kitchen or kitchenette, dishwasher and flat-screen TV. The Pier is a free-standing building and the units do not affect the privacy of the main villa.
Brienno is a fascinating small village, just 400 inhabitants, dating before the year 1000, still unchanged over time with its ancient streets, flowered balconies and narrow stairways.
Located on the west coast of the lake, Brienno is 16 km from Como, less than 60 km from Milan and Malpensa Airport, 30 km from Lugano, 3 km from Laglio, 25 km from the Casino of Campione d’Italia.
Pizzeria and ferry Jetty at walking distance.
Fireplace (only decorative)
Iron and ironing board
Hair dryer in each bathroom
Large fridge with freezer
Barbecue grill (charcoal)
Parking: garage for 2 cars (please note that the maximum lenght of the garage is 490 cm, therefore it is suitable for standard cars only and the access is quite narrow and needs some manoeuvres)